I know that volumes have been written, courses taught, and degrees and certifications awarded — but here are a few simple reasons why I love yoga.
1. I love breathing.
2. I love stretching.
3. I love doing stuff when it’s quiet, with my eyes closed.
3. I like standing on my head (and love the energy I get from standing on my head).
4. I like the feeling of being lubricated, so I can reach for stuff and turn my head, when i need to, while driving.
6. I like being able to go up and down stairs easily.
7. I love peace.
8. I like being prepared to meditate.
9. Love the vibes.
10. I love something else about it that can’t be put into words.
I have been watching the political news, the talk of health care, racism, tea baggers, Obama, Obama-haters, financial Situations, unemployment — all the American-style extremism…Â What can you say?Â It’s all crazy — our leaders trying to find their way in the world with all this new media.Â Let’s hope they do find their way and we become a country that is, once again, governable.
But, there are a couple of things:
Started a new walking routine.Â I’ve found a bench near a creek, and I stop there for about fifteen minutes — in the middle of my walk — and well…sort of meditate.
The dog calms down also.Â Sometimes she interrupts by licking my fingers.
This is a pleasant addition to the daily walk, and I highly recommend it.